Love my new rams!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bshenanigans I can't send you any more messages. My box is full and I can't delete any of the messages from my phone lol.

Bshenanigans I can't send you any more messages. My box is full and I can't delete any of the messages from my phone lol.

Lol you have a smart phone right? I believe you just slide the message and it will prompt delete

The female has extra black markings and not all her bars are visible and some arent solid. That's from bad breeding. I'm not saying that its farm raised or it came from a breeder. It's just not wild caught or good breeding from wild caught. That means its most likely not hardy.

I was not trying to be offensive at all. I was just pointing out.

The female has extra black markings and not all her bars are visible and some arent solid. That's from bad breeding. I'm not saying that its farm raised or it came from a breeder. It's just not wild caught or good breeding from wild caught. That means its most likely not hardy. I was not trying to be offensive at all. I was just pointing out.
Where do you get your information?! Literally nothing you said is true.

Alright I've gotten this mikrogeophagus ramirezi recently from a local guy. What can you tell me about its quality.

It's definitely stressed. Too stressed to see bars. im 1000% certain that bars indicate quality. But reminds me of a wild caught. Doesn't mean it is. But it has good genetics.

Mikrogeographus ramirezi in the wild have 7 prominent bars and don't have the extra dots or extra black in top fin.

I too am not overally impressed by electric blues. It is debated by serious breeders about how many "farm raised" rams there are. Growth hormones and steriods arent exactly cheap. Also rams are naturally colorful so the point of spending more money to make something worse looking is a business model even the most unintelligent businessman would know. Also depending on where rams are collected just like many other species color, and even body shape can vary. Last note I have had some low quality rams and i will say they are much harder than wilds. The stigma of rams being not hardy comes from the fact that naturally they are pretty sensitive.

Source?
I get the point about the cost of steroids/hormones/whatever, but then that would be a debate about hormone treated fish. How can there be any debate about farm raised rams when pet stores buy them all the time by the dozens from Florida fish farms?

Fish farms are not getting their stock from hobby breeders, I'm quite sure...

Source?
I get the point about the cost of steroids/hormones/whatever, but then that would be a debate about hormone treated fish. How can there be any debate about farm raised rams when pet stores buy them all the time by the dozens from Florida fish farms?

Fish farms are not getting their stock from hobby breeders, I'm quite sure...

I don't think he was denying that these farms exist but rather denying that the mystery of hormone enhanced fish is conclusive. At this point I'd doubt any farm knew where their original batch came from.

Let me rephrase farms to Asian farms where everyone says rams come from. I thought I said the Asian part earlier but maybe not. And good is silly fish it is in fact a wild caught you impressed me.

Back
Top Bottom