lunging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
What causes a fish to lunge back&forth,concerned for my peacock...seems like he may be showing signs of trouble...

Ph 8.2-ammo .25- nitrtrite-0 -nitrate 80,I've got a problem...power went out earlier today for about an hour,could that have caused this? Anyway beginning a huge wc right now

tiger terror said:
Ph 8.2-ammo .25- nitrtrite-0 -nitrate 80,I've got a problem...power went out earlier today for about an hour,could that have caused this? Anyway beginning a huge wc right now

Ya, definatly do an 70% because the trates are causing problems

You need to do more than change the water...Trates that high are a sign of a dirty system. Either your gravel is hording bad stuff or you have a real dirty filter.

Recheched my levels& ph back down to 8.0- ammo 0- nitrite 0- nitrate 20..also this is a planted tank,so I know to expect nitrate levels 20-40 max..the level I had earlier I know is way to high..cleaned the magnum 350 adding some denitrate to the canister,last cleaning was a week&a half ago on that&once every 2 weeks(or as needed) i vac the sand...also changed the filter media&reseeded w/bb..

tiger terror said:
Recheched my levels& ph back down to 8.0- ammo 0- nitrite 0- nitrate 20..also this is a planted tank,so I know to expect nitrate levels 20-40 max..the level I had earlier I know is way to high..cleaned the magnum 350 adding some denitrate to the canister,last cleaning was a week&a half ago on that&once every 2 weeks(or as needed) i vac the sand...also changed the filter media&reseeded w/bb..

Planted tank with high trates? Plants are known to suck up trates

Back
Top Bottom