M. estherae maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slayer72

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife picked up this little guy yesterday from petsmart while buying dog food. It was in the dreaded "mixed mbuna" tank. Just wondering if it's a estherae or some kind of hybrid? Its around 1 inch.

ForumRunner_20130803_134712.jpg

It looks just like mine. I bought him amongst others from a mixed tank 5 years ago. Mine is very aggressive now at almost 5". My LFS had to separate one the same size as mine bc of aggression. He is the only survivor from my first bunch of tiny mixed cichlids. Suspicious...

My wife picked up this little guy yesterday from petsmart while buying dog food. It was in the dreaded "mixed mbuna" tank. Just wondering if it's a estherae or some kind of hybrid? Its around 1 inch.

image-2989957130.jpg

My red zebra.

Attachments

• image-641708744.jpg
    image-641708744.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2877297245.jpg
    image-2877297245.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 52
It looks just like mine. I bought him amongst others from a mixed tank 5 years ago. Mine is very aggressive now at almost 5". My LFS had to separate one the same size as mine bc of aggression. He is the only survivor from my first bunch of tiny mixed cichlids. Suspicious...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom