Malawi bloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is very unlikely that they can survive once bloated. Too much damage to internal organs. I just dont have the heart to euthanize them if there is a chance. That sux man, im sorry

Day 6,doubting the bumble bee will make it through the day...not doin well this morning,staying at the top...

tiger terror said:
Day 6,doubting the bumble bee will make it through the day...not doin well this morning,staying at the top...

Mine usually stayed near the top the day before they called it quits. It six man. Sorry for your situation, defiantly sux. On the last day really close to the bottom and moving slow.

Been racking the brain on what I should've done differently..always been great on pwc's&monitoring levels in the tank...might have been guilty of feeding to much,use a cone feeder for black worms as a treat and his problems began after the last treat...won't be using the cone feeder anymore as the dominant ones tend to hog up most of the treats...also the the tank had been completely cycled..

Man dont beat yourself up too much. I can promise you i have done everything to the letter and I lost 4 to bloat. The only thing i can figure is stress. Maybe switching substrate, or moving rocks caused stress.

I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum exclusively and since this change I have not seen a single case of Malawi bloat in my tanks, the tanks at the store, or any clients' or customers' tanks.

Fishguy2727 said:
I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum exclusively and since this change I have not seen a single case of Malawi bloat in my tanks, the tanks at the store, or any clients' or customers' tanks.

How often do you feed?

Day 8 Bumble Bee Diaries,although less active this strong willed African is still hanging on...

Arrived home today to find out that the bumble bee had passed,was still hoping he'd pull through miraculously .... Watching all my others for any signs of trouble,it sucks yo!

Clear your messages convict they are full and I can't send you a message.My appologies for hijacking this thread.Really sorry (bows with humility)

Back
Top Bottom