Malawi Bloat or?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nopsia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a electric blue female peacock and it looks like she has a swollan belly for 3-4 days or so as well as some scales on her side cracking or peeling off in the middle, and now it kinda looks like some skin shedding off mouth area.. shes been hiding in her cave but still comes out to eat.. doesnt eat much and sometimes spits it out. she still gaurds her section and chases off fish half the time.. I feed twice a day pellets and flakes.. this fish only eats flakes tho.. her feces lately have been long white super thin strings but yesterday pooped small red and blotchy string not like a solid line.. Should i start treating as a last attempt to save her? does it look like bloat? Shes been going through alot of stress lately as i added many fish to her tank after starting with 2 and she gaurded and squared up alot for territory

please and thanks

Attachments

• S2410005.jpg
    S2410005.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 63
  • S2410009.jpg
    S2410009.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 62
  • S2410020.jpg
    S2410020.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 69
  • S2410013.jpg
    S2410013.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 69
I have a electric blue female peacock and it looks like she has a swollan belly for 3-4 days or so as well as some scales on her side cracking or peeling off in the middle, and now it kinda looks like some skin shedding off mouth area.. shes been hiding in her cave but still comes out to eat.. doesnt eat much and sometimes spits it out. she still gaurds her section and chases off fish half the time.. I feed twice a day pellets and flakes.. this fish only eats flakes tho.. her feces lately have been long white super thin strings but yesterday pooped small red and blotchy string not like a solid line.. Should i start treating as a last attempt to save her? does it look like bloat? Shes been going through alot of stress lately as i added many fish to her tank after starting with 2 and she gaurded and squared up alot for territory

please and thanks

That's what it sounds like to me
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/malawi_bloat.php

Back
Top Bottom