Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

malawi cichlid stocking for 150 gallon

Some of you may have heard from me about stocking a 150 gallon tank with malawi cichlids. I don't want to get locked into mbunas but I would like some of them. I'm more interested in peacocks and haps. Are there some drop-dead gorgeous fish that absolutely must go in such a tank? If I overstock a little, how far can I go with malawi cichlids? I'm planning on using a wet/dry sump filter, maybe a canister, and my Penguin 350 BioWheel for filtration. Should I go for 1000+ gph?

Old 08-22-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You already know my opinion on which Mbuna's I absolutely love. In regards to haps, I have a male Copadichromis azureus that is absolutely stunning in color. He shimmers in the light. The Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka" is another one. The pic on Malawi Mayhem's site looks different than the one that I have. But still similar. There are so many other beautiful haps out there. Check out your area and see what is available. I have experience with the two mentioned, thats why I suggested them. They make great "community" African tankmates.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks again fishy! I'm gonna keep checking around as I have "PLENTY" of time before anything gets decided.

Tags
150 gallon, 50 gallon, cichlid, ich, malawi, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com