Malawi set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADFs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am just about to set up my first malawi tank and having done my research have decided to go with the haps.

I have decided to have 3 or 4 (1 male, 2-3 females) of each species and to try to avoid cross-breeding and to have lots of variety I am going with 3 different genuses (2 of them being a peacock species and a Placidochromis species) and a reasonably large-growing plec: does anyone have any suggestions?

I was wondering how this sounded also in terms of looking to breed them.

I was also wondering about adding other fish to the aquarium sometime in the future. I saw in my lfs which has a good african cihlid section a moray eel among the africans and I have heard of people keeping pufferfish with them. This may be crazy talk but I was just curious. :roll:

I wouldn't recommend mixing africans with non-africans. Plus, the freshwater moray eels (Snowflake eels) are actually brackish. How large is the tank?

The tank is a 55gal. It is probably far too small for any type of eel as I have heard some can grow to 3ft.

Back
Top Bottom