Malawi to Central American build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew McFadden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of you already know but I put up all my Malawi cichlids for sale, I've sold more than half of them so far. I've been working with Mogurako threw text and figured I'd post on here too. Today I started to rip out the one 3d background that I didn't care for much. My plan is to lightly plant it and add a huge piece of wood. Today is clean up and tear down day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424803727736.jpg
    1424803727736.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 171
For the most part it came off pretty clean in 3 big chunks. Still have a lot of clean up.

Oh man! I'm definitely following this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yep I did see the light that's why I went back to salt lol. 2 projects at once is gonna kill the wallet

I may need to upgrade my pc to led to keep the plants alive. I kinda want to anyways so I don't need to change bulbs as much. Plus this is my only show tank (others are hiding) I think I'd like to add a led that has all the gadgets like storms and what not.

Before I just had play sand and I'm gonna mix it with black and maybe a little something else to add some bulk to it. Maybe pebbles?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Some of you already know but I put up all my Malawi cichlids for sale, I've sold more than half of them so far. I've been working with Mogurako threw text and figured I'd post on here too. Today I started to rip out the one 3d background that I didn't care for much. My plan is to lightly plant it and add a huge piece of wood. Today is clean up and tear down day.

What a beautiful tank Andrew! I know who I am coming to this summer for when i start my summer project of a south american cichlid tank! Can't wait to see the finished product!:D

You'll have to be very selective of your stock if you wanna have plants in.Many will tear them up just like the Malawi do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'll have to be very selective of your stock if you wanna have plants in.Many will tear them up just like the Malawi do.

That's part of what we have been working on.

It's been a really long morning afternoon trying to figure out the best way to add wood. After about 8 different ways I think I like the picture below the best. Don't mind the dirty half filled tank I'm still trying to get silicone off the glass from the background

I may need to upgrade my pc to led to keep the plants alive. I kinda want to anyways so I don't need to change bulbs as much. Plus this is my only show tank (others are hiding) I think I'd like to add a led that has all the gadgets like storms and what not.

Before I just had play sand and I'm gonna mix it with black and maybe a little something else to add some bulk to it. Maybe pebbles?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For a light you could look into a Current Satellite plus pro. I just watched a video on the Current USA website about the plus pro, and it has the following effects- moonlight, fading moonlight, sunrise/sunset color, cloudy cover, and storm with lighting. Sounds like what you are looking for.

For a light you could look into a Current Satellite plus pro. I just watched a video on the Current USA website about the plus pro, and it has the following effects- moonlight, fading moonlight, sunrise/sunset color, cloudy cover, and storm with lighting. Sounds like what you are looking for.

And if you want to grow dietary/supplemental algae?? All set!! My vote as well. Said it in freaks thread.. don't know cichlids like you guys but I know leds:) and algae!!! Tank looks great. That dw looks like a storm dropped it right off in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea because it was clearly the better one! ;)

Pshhh shut it. I liked the second more. Looked like tree branches hanging in the water from the shoreline. I'd still say add some more branches to the other side to tie it all together

And if you want to grow dietary/supplemental algae?? All set!! My vote as well. Said it in freaks thread.. don't know cichlids like you guys but I know leds:) and algae!!! Tank looks great. That dw looks like a storm dropped it right off in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I figured to limit algae turn down the intensity :)

Back
Top Bottom