Male and female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please ignore the first pic that an internet snap :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys. They settled in really nicely too. Hope they will colour up some more. I'm not sure how old they are but m hoping they will pair. Although they haven't shown signs of mating they stay side by side for sure.

I did specifically ask for those two as the girl at the chain store seemed to be getting mixed up with sexing them. Having said that the UK equivalent of petsmart has the best looking fish around where I live.

Easy to tell with rams, the females belly is pink.

Not the easiest to breed though, probably need to get the water parameters just right, as per any good cichlid book. Convicts are about the easiest to breed but your neons and harlequins would be in little pieces at the bottom!

Nice rams there! That female wants some action:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

what will you be doing with the fry? obviously there will be a large amount of them haha.

what will you be doing with the fry? obviously there will be a large amount of them haha.

I don't know really. I'll cross that bridge if it comes to it. I can't even get swordtails to breed in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom