Male and female hopefully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well now the males color r in full bloom beautiful fish but he keeps "kissing" or "biting" the female should I be worried?

Mine do the same but it is the female chasing the male. I think partly because he is younger than the female. I wouldn't worry. Just monitor them and make sure they eat

I agree, keep them well fed with hearty foods. When he is kissing her are they often brushing against each other tail to face, circle each other with mouths open and flash bright color patterns?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well the female doesn't run away when there face to face the male would open his mouth and put on her forehead while she moves back slowly other times her would come up behind her tail and bit the tail

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392205895.206881.jpg that I believe is the female cas it has 2 black spots and the colors r dull ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392206024.830298.jpg I believe that the male do to the flashy colors what do u guys think

Just give it time. Mine are still fighting and mine are older than yours. It just takes time that's all. It's like trying to rush a kid through puberty- you just can't do it. You are doing all the right things!

And for breeding purposes do u think I need a soft ph or like any specific decor

Yes, on the colors- females are dull, males are flashy. I had mine for almost a year before they started actually producing eggs

Oh- and as far as decor and ph- caves, flat rocks buried in sand substrate, driftwood and lots of java moss. If you can find Blackwater or Amazon extract that should help lower ph enough. There is also the katapa leaf, or Indian almond leaf that works excellent but can be hard to find depending on your location. Also if you want to try to induce spawning you can separate the 2 using a divider lower water temperature and level (76°F-78°F, bring water level down about 5 gallons or so) over the course of a week, raise the water level and temperature (I've noticed 82-84°F is what mine like) over the course of the weekend along with removing the divider. When they start to spawn they will become ferocious little buggers and don't be surprised if you have some torn fins and stuff

Ok and would live plants do well in my tank I'll send u a pic to see what my decor looks like

Could I add a peacock eel to this stocking if not I'm fine I just really like eels

This is my stock- 2 pitcus cats, 1 albino bichir (he's a dwarf species) a leaf fish a angel and 2 Bolivian rams. Could I squeeze the peacock and then be done or any other suggestions

Back
Top Bottom