Male/female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerry46360

Aquarium Advice Regular
Trying to see if you could tell me the sex of these guys or girls. 1419528064725.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1419528081446.jpg
    1419528081446.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 1419528095971.jpg
    1419528095971.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 1419528109579.jpg
    1419528109579.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 98
I wanna say the first two pics is a male and the other one is a female

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How can you tell what do I need to be looking at?

Make hemichromis bimaculatus and female roccio octofasciata. Tell it's a male based on the extended finnage. Can tell its a female Dempsey based on the exaggerated spangling on the cheek

Awesome now if I were to try to breed them how does that process work. Not going to be done any time soon no space and the male I don't think is close to breeding age.

Awesome now if I were to try to breed them how does that process work. Not going to be done any time soon no space and the male I don't think is close to breeding age.

You do realize these aren't the same species, let alone genus, or even continent, right? They're not going to breed.

Oh they came out of the same tank. Didn't know that. **** Petco.

That why I asked thanks.

Yeah, you have a hemichromis bimaculatus, aka jewel cichlid, and a roccio octofasciata, aka jack dempsey cichlid. First is african riverine, second is central american.

They were probably both in the same tank because they both like soft water I was just a fish store that did the same thing and I have one in with my dempsey

I had one that I moved in with my Dempsey. They were close to the same size but the Dempsey didn't take well to him.

Right now my jewel is too small for my dempsey to notice the jewel stays at the top of my tank and my dempsey only goes up there for food

Back
Top Bottom