Male / female cockatoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make sure to show him the photos of a real male/female pair and educate the twit lol
Almost forgot, I would have kept the dominant male anyway his finnage has a nice full color and pattern
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

so long as he doesn't stumble into the wrong cave;) it seems the most tragic events happen in the cover of darkness...

That was dark and sinister !!!

Well, after all that yesterday, territories seem to have been established overnight!

One is hogging The left of the tank and the other the right

I'm going to keep a close eye on things today. I dont want to have to make the hour long journey to LFS (not so local) if I don't have to

At least the chasing has stopped, for now anyway

Thanks again everyone

That was dark and sinister !!! Well, after all that yesterday, territories seem to have been established overnight! One is hogging The left of the tank and the other the right I'm going to keep a close eye on things today. I dont want to have to make the hour long journey to LFS (not so local) if I don't have to At least the chasing has stopped, for now anyway Thanks again everyone
mooooooowahhhahaha:) yah just based ome, all the bad stuff happens at night... I'm glad yours got sorted fast enough.. I've never kept 2 males so the best advice I can offer is lots of hidey holes and caves and tall plants to break up line of sight!

Yep when the lights go down the problems come out. I just got two angels last week and a bunch of neons. They are very nice during the day, but I wake up and a bunch of neons are gone. Now I have almost none......

Well the sissy must have turned ninja at night and fought back! The bully seems to be sticking more or less to his half of the tank today, and patrols it vigorously

I've caught the bully a couple of times trespassing over to the other side of the tank and giving the sissy a quick chase. But it's not half as bad as it was yesterday.

At least you won't have to feed your angels for a couple of days!

It's funny how things work out... I started with 2 females for my one male, one if the females quickly assumed the bully role while the sissy tried her best to stay out if the way, it was stressful for a week or so.. The bully got darker and looked to be the chosen one.. Next morning the bully girl was floating on the top, beat up real bad and the male and sissy girl were house hunting... Better than tv!!!!

It is better than tv. You couldn't write it

I suppose it is worth all the hassle: he is rather a handsome looking fellow!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398959822.692300.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398959833.188975.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom