Male or Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Male.85% He is not colored up well...
The 2 pics on other page are the same fish,like there is only one fish and not 2?
So it is either male or female not which one is which?
Not all 'tells' are accurate but males have eye spot on tale ,females on dorsal from many of my observations..This is not 100% though...

1486091161858.jpg
The tail is a dead give away, if its diamond shaped like the bottom one in the pic its a male, if its rounded like the top, its female.

That is two different fish the top one is a lot smaller than the other one and it's darker

That is two different fish the top one is a lot smaller than the other one and it's darker
Same fish, different genders. Top is female (smaller and more round body), the bottom one is a male (longer body, more color and diamond shaped tail).

Now the male is the agresser should I move him he attacks my mystery snail

I wasn't thinking about it I just asked for 2 at my regular shop

I wasn't thinking about it I just asked for 2 at my regular shop
I have a pair of kribensis with barbs, rainbows, tetras and a red tail shark. The female was fine. When i added the male, he was fine. Now theyre getting ready to breed and theyre still fine but when the tank boss (Australian Rainbow) goes around their corner, my female kribensis chases him away. Theyre not hard to breed either. All you need is a pair and they hook up.

How big do they have to be to reach maturity my male is about an 1inch and a quarter and my female is about an inch

Okay so somebody has to move I can't do this right now

2 platinum gourami, 1 angel, 1 mystery snail, 1 common pleco and 2 Krebs

It'll be a disaster if they bread that's my concern

Back
Top Bottom