Male or female cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkkiwi1230

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have bought a few cichlids for my 38 gallon tank. I been trying to figure out the sex of these things. I'm gone online and researched details so I figured maybe I can get some expert eyes on it. Some pictures might be of the same fish but it's really hard to get a clear picture cause they move so much.

uploadfromtaptalk1455367209832.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455367217473.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455367233232.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455367239724.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The blue striped one looks like a female kenyi and the yellow striped one looks like a male kenyi. (I think I spelled it right)

Yeah that's blues look female to me. I hope the are cause I love that blue color.

Do you know much about breeding?

Mine breed like hotcakes lol and I have five there are about to spit any day now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It seems I have plenty of males. Where do you live

The only pet store we have is petco, and walmart.... I wanna go to the coast one weekend and hit up one of the large pet stores just to see more freshwater fish. I feel so limited and I know there are so many more out there... our house is going to be full of fish lol. We already have 3 tanks

The only pet store we have is petco, and walmart.... I wanna go to the coast one weekend and hit up one of the large pet stores just to see more freshwater fish. I feel so limited and I know there are so many more out there... our house is going to be full of fish lol. We already have 3 tanks

We don't have a petco and our walmart doesn't have fish because they weren't well taken care of but we have a pet value, northern exotics, pet depot, peters reef, and pet smart. Lol same I have 4 tanks right now but one is just my breeding tank. I absolutely LOVE fish (and snakes)

Yeah we have iguanas and bearded dragons. My brothers grew up with snakes

Back
Top Bottom