male or female jack please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it is the female that dose all the chasing not the male!!!!is that what i need to watch out for too? tonight i will move things around hope it helps out and add new things to it..

Sounds good. You should take some pics of the newly decorated tank! The female will do that for a while cause it is her tank. Moving stuff and adding more decorations will take her out of "her tank" ;) and create unknown territories!

moved some things around in the tank and add it some more things to it too. but she thinks she is the boss in the tank swims after him and he swims away.. i do have a bully that was in the tank(the top dog of the tank). i pulled him out because he was attacking the new jack should i put the bully back in or leave him out for now. please tell me what u think????? will try to get pic.

How many jd do you have? Adding one cichlid to another cichlids tank is usually not a good idea. If you can try to get a few more say 5 jd total. If she is just cahsing him and he gets away things aren't bad. If he has missing scales or torn up fins that's bad. Keep in mind though that being aggressive is the cichlids way of courting!

Back
Top Bottom