Male peacock setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I ve wants to have an all male peacock set up for ages and I ve decided to take the plunge. Problem is I ve got female peacocks and mbuna in the tank at the min. What should I do? Jut start buyin males and leave the females and mbuna in or get rid of them.

Spoor3773 said:
Hi all I ve wants to have an all male peacock set up for ages and I ve decided to take the plunge. Problem is I ve got female peacocks and mbuna in the tank at the min. What should I do? Jut start buyin males and leave the females and mbuna in or get rid of them.

You say you want an all male peacock set up.If you keep the others it won't be that set up will it.
You shouldn't really keep peacocks with mbuna anyway as it will stress the peacocks and stunt their growth.
What size is your tank?

My mbunas dont like the really colourful peacocks, my strawberrys ones were killed :(.. But the dull females are fine

It's a 4ft 240 litre tank. I know there not great together that's why I want to make a change to all male peacocks. Thing is I ve spent alot of money on the fish I currently have and am quite fond of them. All i was wanting to do is take my tank up I it maximum stocking levels with male peacocks now and when on rare occasions a female or mbuna dies replace it with a male peacock. Do you think this would be ok???

If your willing for a few of the peacocks to die and it depends on your current stock.. Might have labs, or might have auratus' it makes a difference

I have a real mixture in my tank. What would you do. Keep the exciting fish in the tank with the males or remove them.

Spoor3773 said:
It's a 4ft 240 litre tank. I know there not great together that's why I want to make a change to all male peacocks. Thing is I ve spent alot of money on the fish I currently have and am quite fond of them. All i was wanting to do is take my tank up I it maximum stocking levels with male peacocks now and when on rare occasions a female or mbuna dies replace it with a male peacock. Do you think this would be ok???

I would say no the mbuna will harass your peacocks.Its your choice but personally I wouldn't.
You do realise mbuna can live for 10 to 15 years.

I know I'm not suppose to do this but, garfy did you get my message?

Some lfs will take fish for store credit, sometimes even pay you cash, but I think most will take them as a donation at least. Or you could post them on Craigslist. I think anything would be better than letting them get harassed to death :/

Back
Top Bottom