Male rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 male gold rams and 1 female GBR, I'm wondering if it is a bad idea to add a few more males to the mix. I'm considering removing the female as we'll. Thoughts on a group of all male rams?

Following along to see if anyone has an answer. I understand it can work for Angelfish. All males no females. Rams are one of my favorite fish.

It should work as long as no female is present, the aggressive fights happen over females, spawning territory and spawn protection. Otherwise it's really just displaying and some chasing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are a monogamous species the odd male will live a short horrible life

It should work as long as no female is present, the aggressive fights happen over females, spawning territory and spawn protection. Otherwise it's really just displaying and some chasing.

Great to know! Thanks.

I have 1 male gold ram and 2 female gold ram as well as 2 male GBR and 1 female GBR. They all live happily with 2 giant goldfish for tank cleaning assistance. :) I guess it depends on your particular fish because they all have their own special personalities. To each his own I guess. :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 1 male gold ram and 2 female gold ram as well as 2 male GBR and 1 female GBR. They all live happily with 2 giant goldfish for tank cleaning assistance. :) I guess it depends on your particular fish because they all have their own special personalities. To each his own I guess. :)

I would guess that either you rams are still juvies or they are in very large tanks, it's the norm for ram pairs to become very aggressive when it comes to territory.

True...and correct. :) All important factors, of course, when housing certain species.

So the golds fell through, but I got a pair of Blues. Has anyone ever seen a nuchal hump on a GBR before? My male has one. I think it looks awesome! This is the best pic he would let me get. It's more predominant than it looks here. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409888553.603806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom