mbuna food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Geez, I feel stupid. Didn't see the second page with the closeups. :oops:

The "Albino something", what colors are the fish? The pics on my end all have a red ting to them. Are they solid white with red eyes? Does it look like the Pseudotropheus Socolofi "Albino"? If so, they are very peaceful fish.

I would go with the Acei's to mix up the colors of the tank. Also, Actinic lights look amazing on tanks with Africans. It really pops out the colors. We use two 50/50s and 1 Actinic. The colors that are "hidden" really pop out.

I mentioned the look of saltwater because of the rock and sand. It looks REALLY good though. Alot of people look at our 150 and assume it's a saltwater tank because of the coloration of the Africans but seem confused because there are plants in it. LOL Kudos to you for the setup and cycling fishless!

yeah, I fed them the NLS this morning. They LOVE it. lol. Once the first one noticed there was food, they just went nuts. Much more interesting to watch than a normal community tank. So, what should I add next? I'm thinking some cobalt blues or some acei's.

I'd say the Acei's before the Cobalts. The Acei's are more peaceful and the Cobalts tend to be more territorial. If you leave them for last they should "behave" better. :D

Zagz said:
I feed New Life Spectrum, don't know if it is sold at your petsmart. It isn't here.

As far as I am aware, its not sold in PetsMarts anywhere....only the Big Al's chain has a deal to carry it....and a few independants, like Gold Aquarium.

So they are taking well to the food? You should take some pics of the fish now and then later on you can compare the coloration to see how it improves. :D

haha, that's an understatement. but yes, they are taking well to the food. It seem to take them a while to notice the pellets though, I don't think they associate me with food yet; but as soon as the first pellet sinks they notice and all swim up at the same time and tear through all of the food in about 10 seconds. Myabe I should try to get a picture of the frenzy sometime...but it'd just be a collection of blurrs. lol. I'll try the comparison picture thing, assuming i can get one to stay still. hehe

Back
Top Bottom