Mbunas in a community??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sort of depends what is in your community. Is it a community of other mbunas?

But considering a more general community. I have seen people put peaceful mbuna like yellow labs in and have it work.....sometimes. Probably fails more than it works though.

I have an angel, platys and tetras

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I've seen it done, but not sure...

You've seen it done but where? Are you able to see the tank everyday or even now? Or was it on Youtube? You can often see, mostly on Youtube, combinations of fish, totally inappropriate combinations I might add. They say, "oh yeah it's working out great now no one hurts no one it's awesome". But they never update likely because, due to their choices of stocking a fish may have totally wiped out their tank.
Point is don't trust anything that you don't see recent updates on In situations like that.
Personally I say you shouldn't because the fish you currently have couldn't stand the rowdiness of an Mbuna.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ive seen it done perm with mixed mbuna, haps, and plecos.
Ive seen othermixes but less sucessfully. No way with angels. Prob eatbaby platties.

Back
Top Bottom