Melafix is a miracle!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

714fishlover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Oscar jumped out of it's tank and his only 5 in I thought he wasn't going to make but luckily with melafix cured his bruised body and not to mention his eye was popping out...It only took a week to cure.. Now he has recovered... So thanks melafix

totally dude. My koi ripped open his gill on a decoration a couple years ago...I seriously thought he wouldn't make it and cried myself to sleep that night! But he pulled through, melafix healed up the huge tear within a couple weeks and he was back to his old self! Must be a miracle drug ;)

Some of my african cichlids have damaged fins and I will treat with Melafix, it seems to be a great product for waht I've heard. I will let you guys know how it goes. I don't think they have fin rot, but just in case I will treat with Melafix. Anyhow, Melafix is not only for fin rot, but for damage, as well.

My Oscar jumped out of it's tank and his only 5 in I thought he wasn't going to make but luckily with melafix cured his bruised body and not to mention his eye was popping out...It only took a week to cure.. Now he has recovered... So thanks melafix

IMO Melafix is a absolutely worthless for what it claims it does, I'll take pristine water conditions all day over Melafix. Why do think things liken fin rot and popeye are generally not found in nature...the endless supply of clean water. If you would like to waste you money on superficial products thats your choice but in the twenty or so yeas of fishkeeping and breeding fish I haven't needed it yet. And clean water has healed everything from 14" oscars landing on hardwood floors to gashes so large from fighting you'd think their insides would have come out.

I'm glad your fish recovered by oscars heal quicker than any other fish I've kept, so I'm sure it's not the Melafix.

I agree with Hukit. I've used melafix and apart from its antiseptic properties I've never seen any major difference. If the fish is going to heal its going to heal.

I've had actual noticeable effects with real medications.

I just want to give you props for being a good fish owner and quarantining your fish! I always wonder why you wouldn't but a lot of folks don't.

My Violet Gobies were attacked badly by my Ex-Puffer (lol), there fins were nipped almost to nothing, and with frequent water changes there finnage returned to normal.

All off topic posts have been removed. Any further off topic posting (yes, salt and heat posts are off topic) will result in this thread being closed.

My kneyi looks like it has a nipped fin do I need to seperate it or just frequent water changes

For wound recovery melafix has a good effect! At least i always keep some not far in case!
In the nature they are 5% to stay alive so for sure a non med is better and water is ok! Water not modified by chlorine or other treatment! And f-0 fish cannot ne treated the aame way a captive breed for sure!
F-0 will die of med but a captive breed has normaly a good answer to med.
By experience, i use only melafix, formol, blue and green and not all at the time and always on last resource!

There all cheap med anyway! Use the pond melafix so its more concentrate and less expensive.

2 of its fins are shreaded Yesterday I did a 20% water change he still cowards in his bush but if he heals its worth the cowering but do I need to do larger changes to speed up the healing process, & how many times a week do I need to change the water. Im gonna try the natural healing first then maybe try melafix.

2 of its fins are shreaded Yesterday I did a 20% water change he still cowards in his bush but if he heals its worth the cowering but do I need to do larger changes to speed up the healing process, & how many times a week do I need to change the water. Im gonna try the natural healing first then maybe try melafix.

The amount of water is different from tank to tank based on bioload, so check your water parameters and keep the nitrates below 10ppm for the quickest recovery.

HUKIT said:
The amount of water is different from tank to tank based on bioload, so check your water parameters and keep the nitrates below 10ppm for the quickest recovery.

Alright will do thanks ill post if i have anymore questions.

Back
Top Bottom