methylene blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I dipped my sick guy in as directed and almost killed him, he was floating around... I thought for sure he was a goner.. He is now maintaining under a rock, not floating up as much.. fish keeping is not easy, I'm stressed, but not as much as this little guy. I feel bad, I will never do a fish in cycle again.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130708_190214.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130708_190214.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 82
How much methylene blue did you use? It isn't terribly toxic to fish so you might have overdosed it.

That's strange then. I've never had that reaction from methylene blue. Although I generally go for the lower dosage bath as opposed to the straight dip.

I hadn't noticed before but the infection on his underside too. I also see a gray/white patch on another fish, not fuzzy or inflamed. Hopefully, melafix treatment will help as it hasn't progressed as far as this guy. It seems as though part of him bottom side by tail is wasted away

I wish I would have gone with less, but bottle states that the other dosage is for prevention, nitrite poisoning, etc. ...

I dipped my sick guy in as directed and almost killed him, he was floating around... I thought for sure he was a goner.. He is now maintaining under a rock, not floating up as much.. fish keeping is not easy, I'm stressed, but not as much as this little guy. I feel bad, I will never do a fish in cycle again.

As a wise man once told me, don't let your fish's stress become your stress.

Convicts are about as resilient as they come.

Back
Top Bottom