Might Have A Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnny_zanni

Aquarium Advice Activist
i went to the petstore today and bought 2 fish a electric yellow and a kenyi cichlid the guy at the petstore said the kenyi wouldnt be a problem with my fish but now im told it will kill them all

the store wont take any fish back

current stock

1 Cobalt Blue Zebra Cichlid
2 Electric Yellow Cichlid
1 Kenyi Cichlid

Thanks

tanks a 70g btw

Any other stores around you that will take it? If not, post an ad on craigslist to see if anyone wants it, but make sure the know what they are getting and how to take care of it properly. Or there's always the best, and my favorite solution get a new tank. Fuel the addiction! :p

That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

no other place sadly

no people use my towns craigslist

mom says no more tanks :(

if he causes havic he will just have to be moved to my 25g

anyone else?

Okay, have you noticed any aggression? I have seven Kenyis in with 9 yellow labs and 7 Red Zebras in a 75 gallon and everybody is spawning and aggression is minimal...

when i put a algea disk in the kenyi went after it along with a yellow lab they locked mouths and thrashed around then the kenyi did it to the other

the kenyi chases my smaller lab all over the tank

the bigger lab chases the kenyi then they swim in circles im guessing they are sizing each other up then they will fight

the kenyi nipping at the cobalt and the labs fins

I am thinking you need to increase your stocking levels. I am overstocked, but it is definitely why I have a peaceful tank, or at least one where everyone is tolerant and nobody has chunks of scales missing...

Of course you will need to increase filtration and maintenance with this scenario...

I would just try to get rid of the Kenyi. Try selling him or giving him away or put him in your other tank. Knowing you don't have the money to rapidly expand your stock level, this will probably be your best bet.

I would just try to either get rid of the Kenyi. Try selling him or giving him away or put him in your other tank. Knowing you don't have the money to rapidly expand your stock level, this will probably be your best bet.

He said he didn't have another tank, never said that he couldn't afford any more fish...

im calling the lfs once its open today, if they take it great maybe i will get another one as a trade. if they dont then i will try and find someone to give him too

if i can trade him i would most likely get another cobalt blue or electric yellow but if they dont have any of those can you guys tell me other fish that would work thanks

Is there anyway you can take a picture of your tank and post it on this thread? I'm curios to see what your working with here.

Until you give it away, maybe you want to increase the number of hiding spots in your tank so the other fish have protection and a quick getaway.

074.JPG

Thats basically it, thats from before it has some more rock caves in it now.

Heres the new tank shots, hopefully they are clearer

070320090158.jpg

070320090159.jpg

Sorry had to throw in a pic of one of my two new angels. (they are cichlids too ) :D
070320090202.jpg

water is kinda cloudy, how often do you change it? What do you use to treat the water? I would ask what the water conditions are, but I already know the answer ;)

water conditioners i use are, "Water Clarifier" and Nutrafin "Clear Fast"

usually change the water once every 2 days 25%

Back
Top Bottom