Minimum # of p. demasoni for species tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I found I love the attitude of the pseudo demasoni and was thinking about a species tank. From what I have read people suggest anywhere from 6-13 fish to keep harmony in the tank. I am wondering if anyone has any experience keeping them in a species tank and what worked best for you. I would like to keep it to a max of ten but willing to go more if necessary just trying not to hit the wallet too hard.

when I was researching this I was told eight was the magic number, 2 males and 6 females. I had a group of four, and that did not work at all. So I think 8 is the least you would want.

I have a 55 gal with a group of 15 of them with no problems as of yet. Ive had them for almost 2 years now.

I suggest making sure they are 1 to 3 ratio of m-f and that you actually have more. I had them and they are very good at kicking each other's a--.

Demasoni are beautifully blue and light and have a personality so to speak... Is say 15 to 20 in a 55 gal is perfect. They also only get 3 inches big.

I love these cichlids, I'm starting to breed them now cause there going rare from pollution in lake Pomo rocks. For a 55 get 2 males and 5 females always get more females then males it's highly recommended as the male masoni can be mean to the females. Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom