Minimum tank length for oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am aware they require a tank at least 18" wide. The tank in question is 30"l x 18"w x 24"h. The length was my main concern. I have researched some more and see that 4x the length of the adult Oscar is ideal.

I am aware they require a tank at least 18" wide. The tank in question is 30"l x 18"w x 24"h. The length was my main concern. I have researched some more and see that 4x the length of the adult Oscar is ideal.
Yes, but a 30'' Long doesn't look like much. I would recommend at least 32-48 long:/

The depth of the tank is most important. But 4' long and18" deep. If you think about it a 12-15" fish turning around would be more difficult in say a 55g 4'x12"deep.

Also the more water the easier to maintain water quality with a messy fish such as a Oscar.

The depth of the tank is most important. But 4' long and18" deep. If you think about it a 12-15" fish turning around would be more difficult in say a 55g 4'x12"deep.

Also the more water the easier to maintain water quality with a messy fish such as a Oscar.
At the moment, my oscar is in my 54 gallon tank, witch is 3' long, 19 deep, 18 wide. I think that this is better because he has more space to swim up and down and turn. The most important for an oscar is not the vertical space, but both vertical, height and the wideness of the tank.

There is no petsmart in canada:)
I did a lot of research, red oscars can go at most 14'', only tigers and ect can got a bit more. But only in optimal conditions.
But if you look, a 75 is 48" x 18" x 21" and 90 is 48" x 18" x 24"

There is petsmart in Canada ;) just to let you know but I have no idea about oscars ;)

Back
Top Bottom