Missing Auratus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
So yesterday i went and bought 2 auratus and 2 bumblebees... they all looked very happy and were doing awesome. I fed them some guppy fry this morning and they went crazy over it. I was watching them swim around and explorer their new home for a while, then left to go to kroger, came back 30 minutes or so later and the female auratus was gone. I looked everywhere, around the tank, under all the rocks, even pullled every single rock out, its nowhere. I know bumblebees are agressive, but they never even seem to pay attention to them. There are no remains in the tank, nothing to indicate they would have killed it, as im sure they couldnt have ate it that quickly... its nowhere around the tank, behind the tank, under the tank. Could it be burrowed in the sand or something? It just sucks because that was my absolute favorite fish... and ideas?

it was 2.5-3"... just a small one. Im guessing it jumped out and our dog ate it? thats the only logical answer. I have since put plastic all around the back where the lids dont cover... nothings getting out now :) and i replaced it with two more today... i hope to find 3 females swimming around any day now, but im honestly thinking it jumped ship :(

Back
Top Bottom