Missing jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went yesterday to my LFS and bought a 2 " jack Dempsey to go in my 125 gallon tank . My tank been up since October . In in I have a 3 1/2 inch Oscar ( my biggest fish) a parrot fish and a couple convicts. Along with some smaller fish including a feeder guppy that has been there almost from the start. At bedtime last night I couldn't find my jack anywhere It's not in the tank. Not even a scale. I didn't think anything was big enough to eat it especially since I have the guppy and convict babies swimming everywhere .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could have he jumped out the back and wiggled under the stand? or if you have a cat. Jacks like to hide and will slip under or into anything possible in the tank.

Yeah I would check around the tank I've had fish jump out before

Found him. He was in a small hole in a big log. We had shook the log and practically tore the tank apart looking for him . I had even dropped food in there to see if I could find him. I gave my female convict away yesterday to a friend hunting one . I thought maybe it would cut down on the tank aggression

Back
Top Bottom