Mixed cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 55gallon tank with an elictric blue male. Auratus male, three yellow labs two female one male. Albino zebra male, acei male and a random ob peacock male. I have an aggression issue with my albino and my blue. Any suggestions? I have been looking into adding some females for my albino zebra and also females for my yellow finned acei. Any suggestions?

I would double your stock using the correct male to female ratio.1 make to at least 3 females.This will help with your aggression issues.
Also I would consider removing the Ahli as they grow big and require more space.The Ahli could well be trying to claim the whole tank for its own territory.Hence the aggression issues.

Ok thank you. Would you get 3 females for every male? And I'll try to rehome him. It seems like its more the albino attacking him then the other way around. Also can I get red zebra females for my male albino zebra? Or should I just try to get female albino zebras?

Back
Top Bottom