Mixing alto. comps.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an Mwela compressiceps, about 2"; no idea what gender. Can I get a different species comp in the same 4' tank or will they fight?

I have had no problems keeping a group of alto comps together. if it was me I would add around 3 or 4 more all at the same time. 1 on its own has more of a chance of being bullied.

here's a photo of some of mine hanging out together.

38871-albums11146-picture62544.jpg

All the same variant though? I'm wondering if putting a Sumbu dwarf with an Mwela orange will work.

All the same variant though? I'm wondering if putting a Sumbu dwarf with an Mwela orange will work.

I have a few different variants and sizes in that tank. Some fish are juvenile and some are adults.

Sumbu are a bit more timid than the other variants though, from what I've heard. But based on what I've seen so far with my comps behavior, I wouldn't be afraid to give it a try.

Wanted to bring this up again to see if there are any other opinions or experiences you folks might have had.

Can I put a pair of 1" Sumbu dwarf comps in with a 2"+ Mwela orange who is just the BOMB?

My black face calvus is my only comp/calvus, and small, maybe 1.5", but he's the most peaceful fish in my tank (n. Multifasciatus, l. Leleupi, j. Marlieri 'black', l. Cyclurus).I unfortunately have no experience in mixing, or their conspecific aggression. As long as the tank is big enough, and there are enough hiding spots/breaks in the line of sight, I would think it would work, but long term I have no clue, just speculation.

Yeah, my Mwela is the most peaceful too (except for my BNP).

Yeah, my bnp causes more trouble than my calvus, he likes to clean my multi's shells and they get super mad lil

Back
Top Bottom