Mixing Chiclids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kubuspuchat3k

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend asked me if i can keep some on his african chiclids, the problem is that i have south amarican chichlids, just wanted to know if i will have a problem keeping the africans in my tank?

The Africans can be very aggressive and try to destroy your fish like you wouldn't believe. What kind are they and what kind do you have? Sizes?

They also generally have different water and dietary requirements.

Well i have 4 green severums, two are 1.5" and 2 are 5"
2 red severums 4"

The African's that i got from my friend are about 4" long I will post pics later on today,
I believe one is a Blue Cobalt Cichlid
The other one is purple with dark stripes going through it

Best of luck to you and your fish.

I dont know i just have a bad feeling about the entire situation, hehe I think i will go to the LPS and just donate them and hope my friend wont get mad.
I will have some picks later on today.

Here are the pics,

Attachments

• Fish1.jpg
    Fish1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Fish2.jpg
    Fish2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 129
It all depend how big is your fish and tank I think the fish has to baby to grow up together for best result

Great big African cichlids vs. small SA, sounds bad to me. Plus, they do have really different water requirements.

Can you get your friend to move his tank to your house instead of just moving the fish?

A hassle, yes. But who knows, friend might not want to move again after that, and you'll have an African tank.

Back
Top Bottom