Mixing rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pseudomugil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an electric blue ram and I want to get a German blue ram and a golden ram but I'm wondering if they'll fight.

Maybe, probably, if they're all one sex it should be fine.. if it's 2m/ 1fem? Ding ding ding..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends on how big the tank is. They would have to have room to establish their own territories.

If you end up with one pair they may kill the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Or could I just get another electric blue? It would be cool to get a mating pair but I don't know how to sex them.

I think to find a pair you'd have to get a bunch of them at least that's what I've heard. You could probably see if your Lps would allowing to take a few find the pair and return the others. or just try one by one and test to see if they start fighting and just swap it out with another till you find the pair though you probably want to remember vividly which one has been yours haha. The aquarium store near me said they are fine with exchanges so maybe the one near you is too.

If it's has a smaller footprint than a 30x12 then I wouldn't bother and like brookster said they need to be the same sex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I learned how to sex them. I had a male and so I got a female (she just follows him around lol) and they're doing really well. Now I just need to know how to breed them.

So I learned how to sex them. I had a male and so I got a female (she just follows him around lol) and they're doing really well. Now I just need to know how to breed them.

Keep your water clean, feed them well and cross your fingers that they are good parents, but the first 2 or 3 spawns are usually eaten at different stages due to a lack of experience on their part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom