More Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gpsdrew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi. I have not been into cichlids for long so I do not know a tremendous amount about them. This is a thread about my current tank.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/my-30-gallon-tank-190615.html
It is a 30g with a maingano and a red zebra. right now they are about 1.5 inches long. I gave the tiger barb away so he is no longer in my tank. Is it possible for me to get more fish without problems? What can I get other than plecostomi? (I don't know if thats the plural of plecostomus but I tried :lol:)

Is there any chance you can upgrade to a 55g? A 30 is a little small IMO. It might work short-term, but as the fish mature they will fight over territory. In a smaller tank there isn't as much territory which increases aggression.

Is there any chance you can upgrade to a 55g? A 30 is a little small IMO. It might work short-term, but as the fish mature they will fight over territory. In a smaller tank there isn't as much territory which increases aggression.

almost none.
maybe 2%.
Wish I could though.:banghead:

garfy said:
A small group of yellow labs would be fine in a 30 like 1 male and 4 females.

He already has a red zebra and a maingano in there. I think 1 species would be ok but with 2 or more I would try to upgrade.

Gpsdrew said:
Does anyone know of a fish compatibility chart? If so can you tell me where to get it? :thanks:

I know there are some charts but IMO your best bet is to ask here! Ask what would work with blank or I have this dish and want to get that dish, are try compatible. You will get real life replies with suggestions concerns etc.

Would any of these work with what I have in my tank currently. :thanks:

Attachments

• MBUNA.jpg
    MBUNA.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 57
well personally i was told i couldn't put more than one species in a 40 gallon so i don't know if you could do more species.

animalzrok2 said:
well personally i was told i couldn't put more than one species in a 40 gallon so i don't know if you could do more species.

Exactly what I was gonna say. In a tank that small you really need to stick to one species or you are asking for trouble. Now if you had a 55........ ;)

With the same species? Yes, if you have 2 males they could fight over dominance. If you have 1 male and 1 female the female could be terrorized by the male constantly attempting to mate. That's why they suggest 1 male to 3 or 4 females.

Back
Top Bottom