More help with identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danieldaddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know its some kind of cichlid. Was told it was a flowerhorn and I know its not that so any ideas would be appreciated 1496109298454.jpg1496109302580.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a FH to me but I'm
Pretty new with them.. I'm sure someone here can help they all seem very knowledgeable...IMG_3166.jpg

Okay I wasnt sure if it is a flowerhorn its an ugly one. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for the input

Is it just a dull one? All the ones I have seen pictures of are vibrant and very colored. W

Mines not all that vibrant.. I just love how he's more like a dog then a fish.. he'll come right up and let me pet him, he follows me when I walk around.. they're just personable fish..

Water parameters and lighting have the biggest role in the color a fish looks. We should all be feeding them a good diet of a variety of food so I'm not from the school of you need to feed them one type of food over another.

Clean water and decent lights..

Also your substrate in contrast to the fish.. I stay away from all colors but white sand, or black.

I think most fish don't look good up against any other colors. Unless it's a natural themed tank. Like native tanks.

I went down and got the ciclid pellets, veggie and meat. I also will throw him a couple feeders as long as they're small twice a week. Gave him some blood worms which he liked and some crickets.. he will pretty much gorge on anything I put in their except the ciclid pellets from Pet Smart

Hahahahaha very true!! He's already too spoiled.. my Oscar, electric blue ciclid and eels don't care!! They'll eat them with the utmost joy

Smart.. I'll probably incorporate your system.. thanks man

Back
Top Bottom