Moss Balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely! I highly recommend them. They have really helped with my ammonia problem. Took about a week to get it down to 0 ppm but I haven't had any spikes since (been a few months now).

The "experts" recommend 1 moss ball per 10 gallons of water.

Absolutely! I highly recommend them. They have really helped with my ammonia problem. Took about a week to get it down to 0 ppm but I haven't had any spikes since (been a few months now).

The "experts" recommend 1 moss ball per 10 gallons of water.

If your tank is fully cycled you shouldn't be having ammonia problems unless your addind to many fish or have to many imo

Okay, I retested and didnt realize that the extra ammonia bottle was for mixing w the 1st ammonia bottle. It came out yellow looking like .25. Its hard to tell because 0 is also yellow. If its a .25 how would I get it down to 0. Btw its the API Freshwater test

Okay, I retested and didnt realize that the extra ammonia bottle was for mixing w the 1st ammonia bottle. It came out yellow looking like .25. Its hard to tell because 0 is also yellow. If its a .25 how would I get it down to 0. Btw its the API Freshwater test

Add beneficial bacteria supplement and let it cycle

.25 isnt much to worry about. Whats your nitrates and nitrites?

Moss balls are AWESOME! They help out so much in your tank especially if you have an algae problem. Algae grows from your nitrates and moss balls help lower nitrates which starves the algae and basically stops it from growing! Plus they will live forever. They grow and once they get big enough you can break it in half and then have 2 moss balls. They give great characteristic to your tank. Somedays they will stay on the bottom and somedays they will float to the top of the water to get more light. People always tell me that it looks like their "dancing". Haha they so cool.

Very easy to care for. Just drop them in. They live in anything it seems like and can take abuse. Shrimp love to clean them. They live in brackish environments as well. If they get dirty, just ring them out and drop them back in. That's what I do. Fry love to eat anything stuck to them, too. I just turn mine over or move it around when I do a water change so it doesn't sit in one spot as I read it can turn brown on the bottom if it does that. I love mine. Very cool.

Back
Top Bottom