Most aggressive cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guys who's the most aggressive cichlid..when it comes to everything.. protecting territory, and if they are trying to breed.. in the African cichlid world and the New world/SA world..

Parachromis Dovii (Wolf Cichlid) and Parachromis Managuensis (Jaguar Cichlid). I've never owned one (though i'm hoping to get a jag soon) but i've seen many people comment on how vicious some of these guys are. They say you even have to keep an eye on a mated pair because sometimes if there is a snap in agression the male can kill the female.

I love everything I've read and seen about these guys though, I'm planning on keeping a jag in tank by itself and trying to work with it from a young age to get the kind of connection with it that I have seen some people have. This article and the video on the page made me fall in love with these fish.
Living with the Parachromis Giants

I just need to get a big enough aquarium! :lol:

i read the link - i now need to acquire a few tanks of about 75gallons each so i can also have a small herd of awesomeness :)

jaguars come close second imo, but piranhas (though not a cichlid) are rediculously evil lol. especially the Serrasalmus Spilopleura, which even as a juvie will take on numerous adult aggressive piranha.

Dovii's, Festae's, and Jags are aggressive but IMO the Caquetaia Umbriferus takes the cake when it comes to pure aggression.

Attachments

• linare_b71d7afac6.jpg
    linare_b71d7afac6.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,198
Yeah demasoni are pretty **** bad they like to attack when your not around or at night

Mine have been okay so far but still young yet. And are supposedly "giant" demasoni. Who knows.

I also haven't heard anything good about auratus either though I've never kept any.

Yeah some are ok n every fish is different like people ya kno but they r generally more aggressive

I'm having some issues with my African tank..does anyone have any blue electric male female in there tank? And what do u feed them because everything I've tried and I mean literally any premium quality food that's out ther I have..they don't eat..and all my tests are perfect..I've tried almost everything except small live fry or crickets..I'm against those due to high percentage of having diseases. And they look healthy..

Oscars. My mom was cleanning the tank once nd he bit her- drew blood too

HUKIT said:
Dovii's, Festae's, and Jags are aggressive but IMO the Caquetaia Umbriferus takes the cake when it comes to pure aggression.

That's ENORMOUS!!!

I'll also have to agree with the Dovii, umbee, butti, jag, flowerhorn.

Having owned both the jag and umbee. They were both very very VERY. Aggressive and killed off all tank mates. But due to size I sold them to my lfs.

A fish not mentioned on this list which is very common and hit or miss on aggression, is the Red devil / Midas.

For example my red devil is absolutely the most aggressive fish I have ever owned. He is pure evil, and also very interactive and filled with personality.

-Andrew-

Back
Top Bottom