Moved house-7 cichlids died in 36hrs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
When dismantling my 254L cichlid tank to move house I noticed the silicone coming away so transferred my 30+ fish to a spare 90 L tank-Aqua One 620. Within 24hrs all 4 of my silver dollars and a silver shark died at the same time and when I came home tonight I had lost an electric yellow and sulphur crest too. When I moved I had transferred the same water ( I never had problems ) and after the silver dollars died, did a 20 % water change and added additional filtration used in 254 L tank. The Aqua One 620 tank was previously set up for marine so am wondering if it has anything to do with that? By the looks of this electric yellow-hunched and losing colour I would say he is next to die. Any ideas? Sorry I have no freshwater tests-only marine. I use shell grit in my gravel to maintain PH and do regular water changes-not losing fish for over 12mths so don't do tests.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396955516.813156.jpg

I'm confused. Can you give the parameters of the tank you put them in and the substrate and ornaments and or plants? See if you can purchase a master test kit. The values are very important for diagnosing problems.

There is a stick at start of fish disease section for the info people need in order to be of assistance.

Thanks. I read a few other posts and it must be crowding although my LFS has a lot in their small tank. I will talk to my LFS and see if they will care for them until I can get the tank sealed. Been too busy still moving house to be able to fix tank. Gravel with shell grit...fake plants...90litre tank....Eheim canister filter (was used with the 254litre tank) and Fluval internal filter (turned off the aqua one 620 filter as had salt water in media)

Sorry I don't think crowding was your problem. You should take your water to the lfs and have your water tested.

Back
Top Bottom