Moving my mbunas from 90 to 125 gallon - advice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only had my fish in the totes for about 4 hours. It wouldn't have been so long but i had to run to the pet store. I caught myself going 20 over the speed limit and kept going. I figured $230 ticket and a few points on my spotless record wouldn't be as bad as well over $3000 of fish dying. And it wasn't really even the money they are my babies.

RLBeausoleil said:
I only had my fish in the totes for about 4 hours. It wouldn't have been so long but i had to run to the pet store. I caught myself going 20 over the speed limit and kept going. I figured $230 ticket and a few points on my spotless record wouldn't be as bad as well over $3000 of fish dying. And it wasn't really even the money they are my babies.

If you have spent 3000 on cichlids for one tank you have been ripped off.

CraigMac said:
Not really doing twice. The problem is I had to get the 90 out today but. Didn't have a stand yet for the 125. So I built the temporary stand and am going to take my time on a good finished stand. When the final stand is done I'm just going to do a large water change and move the tank over to the final stand, at least that's the plan!

That 125 gets real heavy when sand and a little bit of water is in there. Make sure you have a 3rd person there to help move it when you are at that point. I've been putting off pulling my tank out because I hate the blue background now. Should have just painted it black like the rest of my tanks.

HUKIT said:
Lower the water level low to catch the fish. I found for sand the best and quickest thing is a shop vac which sucks up water and sand then simply scoop into your new tank from the canister, makes this a 10 minute job and sucks every grain of sand out of the old tank too.

Never thought of the shop vac idea. Put this in the bank for the future.

Malawi Freak said:
That 125 gets real heavy when sand and a little bit of water is in there. Make sure you have a 3rd person there to help move it when you are at that point. I've been putting off pulling my tank out because I hate the blue background now. Should have just painted it black like the rest of my tanks.

Yeah I kind of nervous moving it wit some water in it on to the new stand as it will be very heavy. I did paint it black before setting it up, so I'm good there ;).

CraigMac said:
Yeah I kind of nervous moving it wit some water in it on to the new stand as it will be very heavy. I did paint it black before setting it up, so I'm good there ;).

I remember carrying my 143 up the stairs with my friend after water testing in the garage.
Even the slightest bit of water left made the task almost impossible.I used a sponge to get every last drop out.

Umm what? If ur talking to me I ment like
Here's one stand (____) (_____) <- that's the other one so then u can just move it over the short distance to the new stand

Back
Top Bottom