my albino oscar a bit angry :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I add a copper tiger oscar in my tank wid my 2 old albino today.they seems a bit angry. Sometimes they r running after my newly added guy. By size they r almost same.may be d difference is only 1/2 inch. Bt I'm worried of my albinos lil aggression.wil it be ok by time? May be after 2 or 3 days? Or is it harmful for my newly added buddy. Please giv suggessions.all opinions r most welcome... thanx

Well if you think how much older they are by that extra half inch you can understand the dominance the existing fish will have. A new guy has moved onto their patch. I had a problem like this when I first started keeping oscars years ago. WCs seemed to calm mine down and in time they became friends.

How big of a tank is it...? Sometimes thats an issue as well...

@Wilkes, thanx. Yup u r right that 1/2 inch take time.so they r really older. But now I'm out of tnsn after I read ur post. May be it's just the matter of time and they become frnds. I feed them few mins ago. And all of them eat peacefully :)

@Talvari, it's a 125g tank.may be a bit bigger would be better for 3 of them.they r just 4" in size in avg. And the whole tank is their play ground.

That's good. If the problem persists then try what I mentioned and do WCs and see if it works for you like it did me

You also have to take into account that your "old" oscars are looking at the newbie as an intruder. They have an established home, and you are making them share their space. Plus, the albino's are pals, and the Tiger O is the new kid. ;) They may get more friendly over time, but it may get worse. It's always a toss-up when adding a new fish to an established tank. :hide:

You may have to consider rehoming the new guy, or another tank. In the mean time, try a divider so they can get used to each other and still be safe. Good luck! :cool:

@Wilkes, that amazing I just did as u say a single WC & it works. Really thanx a ton. Now the new guy show some bravery.he's swimming around freely wid albinos. And wen albinos show lil aggression he's showing the same. Now the situation is fine. All of them get quite frndly at afternoon.

@Jenn 27, yes adding new one to a established tank is always a challenge.but fortunately a WC works for me. And I change the bogwood position as well. Now my new kid swimming freely wid old albinos. Hope no need of partition now. Still I'm keep my eye on the new one if he need some help. Happy wid the situation now.

Glad I could help :D keep it up. Really pleased for you

thanx... even at the feeding time too they behaving in proper way. No more fighting among them. Thanx again

Thanx Fishfanatic for ur opinion,yup dats a grt idea too bt I heared that minimum decoration is good for an oscar tank. As they become big they rearrange everything. So I didn't make a cave. But the fact I was worried of is solved by 2 tricks. I do a wc and change the position of my bogwood.and its just worked fine. If I had some other kind of dwarf cichlid I'll surely make caves to solve this.

Back
Top Bottom