My angels won't spawn (calling all experienced angel breeders)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sure hope so. Right now I'm basically planning for my singer project. Between my Kribs and jewels, I should be able to trade in enough to all but cover everything

I sure hope so. Right now I'm basically planning for my singer project. Between my Kribs and jewels, I should be able to trade in enough to all but cover everything

I recommend getting at least 4-5 angels so that pairing off is easier for them and you.

About how many nickel-sized angels can I keep in a 55 gallon? And as they grow, when I thin them, how many quarter-sized? The grow out stock will be the angels with some young laetacaras (about 5), some young gbrs (3), 8 zebra danios, 3 platies and some ghost shrimp. My end will be a pair of each cichlid, the 2 schools and 3 swordtails. Will this work? Up until the beginning of this project, the plan will be changing repeatedly until it's ideal. Thanks guys for keeping up with this.

About how many nickel-sized angels can I keep in a 55 gallon? And as they grow, when I thin them, how many quarter-sized? The grow out stock will be the angels with some young laetacaras (about 5), some young gbrs (3), 8 zebra danios, 3 platies and some ghost shrimp. My end will be a pair of each cichlid, the 2 schools and 3 swordtails. Will this work? Up until the beginning of this project, the plan will be changing repeatedly until it's ideal. Thanks guys for keeping up with this.

With the stock you have right now, you might be able to fit around 6 nickel sized angels. But when they grow up, you will have to remove some as some can get really big. Is "laetacaras" the scientific name or the common name? When you said a "pair of cichlids in the end", did you mean breeding pair or 2 cichlids? As long as the fish don't get over 4 in, the stock should be fine.

Laetecara is the genus name as I haven't decided on the species yet. And by pair I mean breeding pair as I just adore cichlid behavior. And I know angels can get to be a decent size as I do still have a "breeding" pair.

Laetecara is the genus name as I haven't decided on the species yet. And by pair I mean breeding pair as I just adore cichlid behavior. And I know angels can get to be a decent size as I do still have a "breeding" pair.

Is "Laetecara" a peaceful cichlid when it comes to breeding?

Yes it's no more destructive or aggressive than gbrs, from what I've read. But I've never kept them, let alone seen them before. On another note, my irritating angels are cleaning like 3 sites at once. This is after they've destroyed 3 or 4 leaves of my Amazon sword. When will it end? The female is showing her papilla, as she has been for weeks. I just am sick of waiting!!!

I am saying that you have to be patient and allow nature to take its course. If you are in a hurry, you may be in for disappointment. You have to put some "skin" in the game or you will meet with failure more often than you would care to. My angels were mickle size when I got them back in September 2012. They are 5-7 inches now.

I got mine back in May, and they're a decent size now, too. But it's not even really growth that I'm looking fir so much as maturity. I'm trying to get a new pair before Christmas, and have this tank at end result by new year's, as it'll be the time I'll be able to enjoy it. I'm not trying to come across as impatient, I just feel like I already have a year into this angel game without anything to show for it but a troubled pair

Back
Top Bottom