My Cichlid Criteria! 55G FW Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldmachineUK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for a centerpiece fish (or a pair) for my FW community tank. The tank is peaceful, so preferably nothing semi-aggressive or aggressive.

Here are the 'criteria': I wondered if anyone has any suggestions?!

* No angelfish
* No rams
* pH: 7-7.8 (i.e. ideally alkaline friendly rather than acidic friendly)
* Hardness: hardwater
* Peaceful
* Not going to breed on me heaps
* 4-6" in size preferably
* Single, or a pair (trio at a push if I had to for whatever reasons there may be)

Talk about demanding huh?!

I'm currently thinking about kribs if that gives any indication of the sort of thing that's possible although I'd like something more striking and less...umm...pretty...I guess (although pelvicachromis sacrimontis fit the bill perfectly!) lol! :)

What size tank? Is that the 55 gal? With those water conditions, something from Central America would probably fare better than a South American species.

i keep apistos in water PH 8 KH 13 GH 23, they do not breed but the do great :D

how about a Festivum?

Are your apistos aggressive at all? I thought they might be a bit much for a peaceful FW community.
Those festivums look lovely though: I'm put off keyholes (which look a bit similar) primarily because a hobbyist friend has them and I don't want her to think I'm 'copying'! But the festivums look lovely. You def. got my taste figured out!

In terms of apistos though, you got my attention! ;-) Any recommendations? Is it possible in a 55G peaceful community to keep a pair?

i keep 4 cockatoo apistos (2m/ 2f) and one male Apistogramma Sp. "Steel-Blue" in my 75 gallon planted tank, the are very peacefull IME

img_787024_0_7948b7343974f9fba841396fd2151957.jpg

Back
Top Bottom