My Convicts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got them. They are hiding in a castle right now. The guy at the pet store said he gave me a boy and girl. If Thats true one is Ariel and one is Eric.

congrats on teh new fishys:)
your trying to breed them,right?

My sons like to lay them in terra cotta pots then when they start wiggling they move them to a pit they've dug out...

They like to lay their eggs on smooth surfaces.... Once he had a pair dig down and lay them on aquarium floor/wall.

I had two convicts around 3 years ago.

I still have most of the babies, the parents are sadly passed away, but I have around 20 of their children still, and there are some with amazing colors I've never seen in convicts. More of their natural color in the mild, the blues and greens in the black ones, and the oranges and pinks and slight blues in the pink ones. It's really amazing.

Well I was trying to upload a picture of my convicts, but it wount let me lol I bought five convicts, two paired off, had like 50 babies inside of a cave and they dug all the gravel out till it was the glass bottom, they tucked the eggs up in a lip that you coudnt see, soon I had free wrigglers, and they grew and grew, all the while the mother and father taking care of them, and now they are a good size, it was awesome and relatively easy process, the mom and dad did a pretty good job, goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom