My dads new cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhuber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used that to cycle your tank what's everyone's input my dads putting in distiller water he has coral gravel I believe and fake rocks in a 60 gallon can I have some advice and stocking ideas

Attachments

• image-4089988688.jpg
    image-4089988688.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 77
Has anyone used that to cycle your tank what's everyone's input my dads putting in distiller water he has coral gravel I believe and fake rocks in a 60 gallon can I have some advice and stocking ideas

I'll admit I used it in a friends saltwater tank. Couldn't tell you if it helped or not. We still cycled the tank. Sorry...

He's impatient how long with that stuff will the cycle take you think?

Also I know it may be frowned upon by some but..

You can always do a fish in cycle, add the colony and some (not all) fish and do a fish in cycle.

Make sure he tests a couple times a day, and does plenty of water changes! I too would rather cycle with plants or fishless, but eh. If it doesn't work and he looses a bunch of money on nice cichlids, maybe he will think twice about it next time....

Make sure he tests a couple times a day, and does plenty of water changes! I too would rather cycle with plants or fishless, but eh. If it doesn't work and he looses a bunch of money on nice cichlids, maybe he will think twice about it next time....

Yeah we'll let's cross put fingers

I used it and it did absolutely nothing. Added it during my fishless cycle then added another bottle 2 weeks later. Still took 2 weeks to start producing nitrites. The cycle was finally complete after 5 weeks.

A good fish to use to cycle a tank is a couple bait gold fish lol my brother got a couple to cycle a tank with they were 3" for a dollar lol

I would highly reccomend not doing this. Those feeder goldfish generally have all sorts of disease/parasites. You can get lucky with them but you can also be terribly unlucky.

He's got sixty gallons I was gone for the day he put barbs a gourami and a shark in there he dosent listen to what I have to say.

Back
Top Bottom