Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
My female GBR passed on today....

My female passed away today. Came home from work and she was floating. It must have been just recent, as she hadn't started getting all yukky looking yet. I was really hoping she's have the strength to pull through, but she didn't. And it was just a small nick too. Then it just got bigger and bigger, just rotting away. I didn't have any other meds other than the Pimafix and Melafix, which I was dosing. But just wasn't enough. She was my baby too. Probably the coolest fish I ever had. She always enjoyed watching me prune the plants, do maintenance, and just wanted to be a friend. None of the other GBR's are like that, not even the baby boy. But anyways, been a hard day. But tomorrow I get my shipment of new fish. Got the confirmation. So hopefully I'll get one just like her. She was the best.....

So others that don't know the story, she had a small nick that one of the other fish gave her. Wasn't very big. So I started treating her, but as some know, when GBR's get hurt, or sick, it's not often they come back. They are one of the very few fish that requires a lot to maintain, but when something goes wrong, they just don't make it. When they have a problem, they just fade away. Kind of hard when it's one of your favorites. But I got more coming, 7 females and 3 males. Ordered from Aquabid.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear that, it is always hard when your favorites go to the big fish bowl in the sky.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry to hear that LWB

And I'm sure you don't have to be told, post them new pictures They always look GREAT
Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Big Time Bummer! If she is one that you have babies from hopefully one or more will like to watch you prune and become hand chasing favorites.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm sorry for your loss. It must be hard losing your favorite especially after doing all you can to try to save her. As you said though, maybe you'll get another special one out of the next batch.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Awww Wolf so sorry she passed. I know you did the best for her and she did have a wonderful home with you.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ky'smommy Send a message via MSN to Ky'smommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ky'smommy
im so sorry lonebluewolf.
i hope you get another one just like her.
feel better.
im treating my favorite discus for everything and he/she just keeps getting worse.
so i kinda know how hard it is for fighting for a fish and not have the right meds and stuff to treat.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

rip. hope your next ones breed and flourish.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_4_all
Big Time Bummer! If she is one that you have babies from hopefully one or more will like to watch you prune and become hand chasing favorites.
Yes, she was the mommy for the fry I have. I have 10 total, and 5 are GBR. They are so cool to watch as they grow.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #10

Very Sorry LWB. I am sure you did your best. I have read many of your threads and commend you on your fishkeeping so I know you did!

You are an asset to AA. Also, thaks for your step by step with the planted!

Tags
female, gbr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com