my first fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island_Emt

Aquarium Advice Activist
Came home tonight and my yellow lab that I put in a separate take spit two fry. She still has more in her mouth. Very exciting :)

Should she spit the rest soon? Will she try and eat them?

Thx
Rod

Is it safe to leave her in the tank if I strip her? She's being very active in the tank. Still holding but swimming all over the place.

After I strip my fish I always take the mom out....they're very hungry at this point because they haven't eaten in A few weeks but it's up to You.

Ok I stripped her and hope I got them all. I count about 15 fry swimming in the tank. She's in a big net breeder in the 10g. Ill give her a day to rest them move her.
Thanks for the help

Thanks...now if I can only get them to eat. I'm feeding them a powered fry food and can't really tell if they are eating it. Tonight I'm moving mom out of the net breeder back into the main tank. After that I'll do my first pwc of the fry tank.

Be careful, My fry at first were afraid of the vaccum hose but as they got just a bit bigger they flocked to it. lol
Heres a pic of my Peacock Fry.
35049-albums1659-picture13811.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom