My first stocking question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm finally gonna ask. I have a 55g I have 6 convicts, pair of FM and a BN pleco. Am I done? Would like to add something else.

If I can add more what can I go with?

Thanks.

This all started because I need more fish food and my friend at the LFS just got all new stock in yesterday.

Hi I had a 55gl cichlid aquarium and I too had convicts but I also had parrot fish, a ghost knife, catfish, and other African cichlids in my tank. I had to graduate to a larger aquarium as my fish were getting pretty large!

NyteGTI said:
Wish I could help you out with this one. I know nothing of NW/SA cichlids

No problem brother, you've helped out so much already. I'll ask my friend at the store.

I definitely wouldn't add any more fish. The thing that concerns me is the potential for the convicts and firemouths to form breeding pairs, in which case your tank will get extremely aggressive.

5x5 said:
I definitely wouldn't add any more fish. The thing that concerns me is the potential for the convicts and firemouths to form breeding pairs, in which case your tank will get extremely aggressive.

Gotcha. Was just a thought... Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom