My fluval 405 is still terrible :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dean jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
After trying fluval 405 it still doesnt work ;-( I'm disgusted in this product ? Both hoses are blowing out ? I can't understand it myself ;-( One works sound,the other is a disgrace ? I've got a friend in who works for the water board ? And he hasn't a clue ;-(

Did you try contacting the company? They may be able to resolve it. If you got it from a shop they should be able to get it running. Most people don't have problems with them.

I've used Fluval canisters since the 80's and have never had a problem. Like everything sometimes a bad one happens. You do need to contact Hagen so they can resolve the problem or replace a piece if something is wrong. The customer service number is in the paperwork that came with the canister. Right now we have 2-405's and 2-406's running and never have had a stitch of trouble.

Dean jones said:
After trying fluval 405 it still doesnt work ;-( I'm disgusted in this product ? Both hoses are blowing out ? I can't understand it myself ;-( One works sound,the other is a disgrace ? I've got a friend in who works for the water board ? And he hasn't a clue ;-(

What do you mean by blowing out? What's coming out?

The inlet & outlet are both blowing bubbles out,when I'm priming the filter ;-( stupid but true,I'm stumped...

+1 with contacting Hagen... This shouldn't happen with a quality filter like a 405. It should literally be a plug it in and work. Guess that one snuck through.

Had a sun sun 1400 lph upstairs,so put that on my tank for now :-( so I've still got another 405 with the sun sun on my 350 litre Mbuna tank...

Dean jones said:
The inlet & outlet are both blowing bubbles out,when I'm priming the filter ;-( stupid but true,I'm stumped...

Googled it and found quite a few people with the same issue. Start over make sure everything is sealed properly and that you don't happen to have any hairline cracks in the tubing.

Make sure that u prime it until there r no bubbles coming out, then start it. With my 305, i had to prime it alot until it started.

Back
Top Bottom