My frontosa tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 yellow lab and 3 loaches doesn't hurt anything, yellow lab is schooling with them anywayImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437374755.749726.jpg did research and found out a lot of people are doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You tube search frontosa killer. It will give you an Idea of what the fronts are capable of.

Oh yeah I've dealt with my jag eating my needle nose whole long ways as others, I guess I'll try and keep them bigger than the mouth of the front, I'll remove fish in the future if I have issues. That's a cool vid at least the fish was alive..? hope he didn't put it back in the same tank.

Any suggestions on a good quality thermometer? I want to keep it between 82 and 85 and my heater doesn't tell me the temp of the water of course, I just have the sticker thermometer.

Oh yeah I've dealt with my jag eating my needle nose whole long ways as others, I guess I'll try and keep them bigger than the mouth of the front, I'll remove fish in the future if I have issues. That's a cool vid at least the fish was alive..? hope he didn't put it back in the same tank.

Preferably the idea is to avoid the possibility of any deaths by responsible keeping. I'm not sure how you feel but IMO causing the death of just one fish through irresponsible stocking that could've been avoided is not acceptable. I know its working now and will work for a while but yellow labs don't get big, < 6 inches, they can turn into frontosa bites pretty quickly lol. I don't think your doing anything wrong yet but as the size difference grows you will need to separate.

As for thermometers I use a Petco(? I think) brand digital thermometer with temp probe. Its been accurate in my experience, it reads to a 1 tenth decimal point ex. 78.6° F. I know mike has the same one and from what I know likes it too.

A brief note about thermometers, I never used to regularly use them, until I had a heater stick on and crank up to 90. I happened to touch the tank and realized it was burning up. Moral of the story, use one lol.

Yeah I woke up this morning and tested it because before I went to bed I turned it up a little because the water seemed a little too cold. It seemed too warm lol dang it! I'll end up taking the yellow lab out if I see any hostility, thanks for the advice. Already have a 10 gallon and put 100 down on a 29 gallon plus I have a turtle tank, 2 cats and a dog so its like the wildlife foundation up in here lol is there anything that can coexist with a front?

Yeah I woke up this morning and tested it because before I went to bed I turned it up a little because the water seemed a little too cold. It seemed too warm lol dang it! I'll end up taking the yellow lab out if I see any hostility, thanks for the advice. Already have a 10 gallon and put 100 down on a 29 gallon plus I have a turtle tank, 2 cats and a dog so its like the wildlife foundation up in here lol is there anything that can coexist with a front?

Not to my knowledge.

Yeah don't think I trust heaters too much myself.

Back
Top Bottom