My headless cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua_Omega

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to San Diego Thursday for my birthday and got back Saturday to find my peacock headless, and this guy is the guilty one ,I don't understand cause all my fish i keep fat and healthy this guy misses one day of eating and he starts on a eating fringe on my peacock , [moderator edit]

image-1630049442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. I don't know what an eating fringe is. Could you please explain a bit more?

Well your first mistake is keeping an African cichlid with south American cichlids and by the looks of it that is a red devil and he will only get more aggressive the bigger he gets hope you have a big tank

This is why many if us keep stressing the importance of not keeping Rift Lake Cichlids with CA/SA cichlids there are exceptions but this is a classic case.Very mean Red Devil bites head off peacock.Doesnt surprise me at all.

Wow!! That's crazy! My LFS has one on a tank work all peacocks but then again it's a 400 gallon tanks with tons of rocks and caves. It's there sell tank. It's a beautiful fish but the others are right OP.

There are some exceptions but its usually not going to work out. I've had my share of issues and everyone here knows it. I've been lucky for a while now having Mbuna and peacocks together with a single Tropheus. I think I've broken a few rules BUT I lost 20 fish to A rouge hyper dominate male Mbuna who went on a killing spree under the cover of night.

I'm sure it being a 400 gallon tank has much to do with it I think your right convict...unfortunately for this guy that red devil is gonna be the run of the roost lol he will prob kill any African in there

I'm sure it being a 400 gallon tank has much to do with it I think your right convict...unfortunately for this guy that red devil is gonna be the run of the roost lol he will prob kill any African in there

Yeah they are....well.... The devil.....

Back
Top Bottom