My Latest Rescue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to say "Time to shopping for a used van"

Pictures look great Hukit. And you were just complaining she wasn't pretty enough!

I was thinking the same thing! He was complaining about how he basically got robbed of $40 and look at her! She's stunning! I was expecting a half dead, gray fish with nearly no color haha

I was thinking the same thing! He was complaining about how he basically got robbed of $40 and look at her! She's stunning! I was expecting a half dead, gray fish with nearly no color haha

Come on I should have posted her before dull and colorless, with stringy white feces, and holes in her freakin' head!

Here is what I went to pick up! Big difference eh? Internet photo on left, real fish on the right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Come on I should have posted her before dull and colorless, with stringy white feces, and holes in her freakin' head!

Here is what I went to pick up! Big difference eh? Internet photo on left, real fish on the right.

Erm yes two completely different specimens and yes my friend I would have found her a beautiful tank all for her Majesties pleasure.
Do these people think you won't recognise a different fish when you collect Ahaha.

Erm yes two completely different specimens and yes my friend I would have found her a beautiful tank all for her Majesties pleasure.
Do these people think you won't recognise a different fish when you collect Ahaha.

The sad part is I didn't, she was in a small dirty 10g tank so I honestly couldn't tell.

A 10g tank for that gorgeous girl.Jeez I'm not generally a violent man but that would push me close to it.

That explains her internal parasites and HLLE, the water was actually brown where I could hardly see her. I quickly netted her since he didn't even have a net and was trying to use a bowl, went home and acclimated her in the dark so I didn't even see her till the next day.

Last week I went to a friends house.I knew his son-in-law had a large Oscar so I asked if I could see the fish.Well disgusted is an understatement.The fish was in a 3 foot tank with a tiny internal filter.Algae was on every pane of glass and the pits in the head were huge.I tried to explain what the fish needed but he simply replied he's happy enough.
Some people you just can't reach :(

I just like busting ya HUKIT haha she looks definitely better than what I was expecting! Nice job man

Where did you rescue her from? You defiantly cleaned her up nicely!

A guy by us who tried keeping her with mbuna and let's just say there 15-20 less of those things in the world, so after that be dumped her in a filthy 10g. So he lied about what she looked like so be could sell her quickly and make a few dollars, it wasn't the money but when I confronted him with the link he still kept lying and making excuses.

A guy by us who tried keeping her with mbuna and let's just say there 15-20 less of those things in the world, so after that be dumped her in a filthy 10g.

Lots of dumb people in our area haha. I cant tell you all yhe bad advice i hear everytime Im in one of the lfs. Well lets hope she tames down a little for your 150.

Lots of dumb people in our area haha. I cant tell you all yhe bad advice i hear everytime Im in one of the lfs. Well lets hope she tames down a little for your 150.

I gave up on that place years ago, I tried to support him but the prices are ridiculous and his stock is beginner at best.

I hear you, much better off finding local breeders. Everyone has africans though

The African thing has to be a nationwide "problem". At my social this past weekend, I counted 114 fish for sale in the auction and the only thing for sale other than Africans were plecos (very few) and guppies.

The African thing has to be a nationwide "problem". At my social this past weekend, I counted 114 fish for sale in the auction and the only thing for sale other than Africans were plecos (very few) and guppies.

Our local club is at least 90% Africans at every event, rarely is there anything I'm interested in. These things go in stages like any trend, 7-10 years ago it was all new world.

I appreciate both sides, but keep africans. I wish there was more new worlds around though.

Back
Top Bottom