Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

My new EBJD's with pics

They are just tiny now. I have had 1 before years ago and lost it. I am determined to grow these out I plan to spoil them rotten. Everytime I see people successfully grow out adult EBJD' they are in groups last time I had a single. I currently have two I wonder if I should get another. They are both about 3/4 of an inch.

One is noticeably more bold than the other. He is out exploring while the other is content to stay by his rock.

The Whole Tank -75 Gallon
Arrow pointing to the explorer

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good luck! Keep us updated on them.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Will do
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice fish

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

He meant on the EBJD, not in general

Unfortunately, these are so fragile and weak genetically, that they rarely see adulthood, an adult EJBD is a rare sight these days, almost like the unicorn of the fish world. No one's trying to offend you btw, just a common thing when the topic of EBJDs is brought up lol
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #6

Yeah....never meant any offense to any one. I just get a feeling of dread whenever I see a ebjd post.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

No offense taken. I might have been offended had I not already had one die at the dreaded 3" mark. It seems to get them all at that size. A year ago I told myself never again. They are so pretty and I am so stubborn that I am determined to make it work this time.

I am not foolish or arrogant enough to place money on my success LOL but I am going to give it a go. If I were in your shoes I would be laughing at me right now to.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
No offense taken. I might have been offended had I not already had one die at the dreaded 3" mark. It seems to get them all at that size. A year ago I told myself never again. They are so pretty and I am so stubborn that I am determined to make it work this time.

I am not foolish or arrogant enough to place money on my success LOL but I am going to give it a go. If I were in your shoes I would be laughing at me right now to.
Please don't think anyone is laughing at you my friend. So many of us have had our hearts broken with these fish that we have to make light of it now. I swore to never own them again but please believe that I only want the best for you and your fish so we are pulling for you! We all are on your side. Best of luck and keep us posted. Hope you are one of the great success stories regarding the ebjd.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post
Please don't think anyone is laughing at you my friend. So many of us have had our hearts broken with these fish that we have to make light of it now. I swore to never own them again but please believe that I only want the best for you and your fish so we are pulling for you! We all are on your side. Best of luck and keep us posted. Hope you are one of the great success stories regarding the ebjd.
No hard feelings at all and thanks for the support. I was just adding a little humor myself. I was smirking to my self as I read the comments because I know how risky these little guys are.

You all seem like nice people.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakgecko91 View Post
Most others would disagree, we tend to be quite blunt and people tend to not like that lol join the South and Central American Cichlid Society sub group on here, make a journal of their progress in there, I think HUKIT has to approve you, and I haven't seen him on here in a while
Yes.....we are quite blunt and to the point but that's cause we tend to have a great deal of knowledge and we do not sugar coat things or just tell people what they want to hear. If what some one is doing is wrong or a bad decision, we tell them. Many people take offense to it but it is what it is.

Tags
pic, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com