My new Electric Blue Ram!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jk315

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got this little guy, when I introduced him in the tank he fit in right away. My other GBR seems to like him too.

Attachments

• cichlid.jpg
    cichlid.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 199
Awesome! I love my pair of EBRs. I see a GBR in there too, very cool...

I have a question since you are a fellow blue ram lover!... I've had my tank with german blue rams set up for about six months... a 25 gallon tank with two blue rams... about three weeks ago one of them died and I replaced it with three small ones since I cannot find any the size of my medium male...

At any rate my male is pretty aggressive as of me adding these little guys to the tank tonight... do you have any recommendations? he's always been slightly aggressive, but the other male wouldn't back down and it stopped him from acting out... these little guys i'm not sure will do the same...

I love these rams too! I happened to find one at the local fish storee for only $9, so I decided that I had to have him. However, he seems like he is a little weaker than the other fish, such as being the last one to swim up when I put in the fish food. The other cichlids seem to pick on him quite a bit too.

EasyAquatics said:
I love these rams too! I happened to find one at the local fish storee for only $9, so I decided that I had to have him. However, he seems like he is a little weaker than the other fish, such as being the last one to swim up when I put in the fish food. The other cichlids seem to pick on him quite a bit too.

What other kind of cichlids is he with? Aggressive ones? Rams are pretty peaceful and very sensitive to water conditions, preferring softer water. They should probably not be in a tank with any African cichlids at all.

Nice ebr, I had the chance to buy a pair this summer and for some reason didn't and am totally kicking myself now. As far as the ram aggression your seeing I would add some hideouts and keep a close eye on them. The big male is establishing dominance and with adding hideouts you can provide the new rams a place to escape to. It's entirely possible your big ram will pair up with one of the smaller if there is a female and if that happens you will want to regime the remaining rams or move them to another tank.

Two are doing wonderful and unfortunately two died... When they were purchased I could tell the new EBRs were stressed and they passed within three days... Only one of the new made it..,

Good luck with your EBRs... They are beautiful! One key suggestion I can make is watch your PH it should be between 5-6 ideally...

Back
Top Bottom